Construction Expediter Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Construction expeditor to help us complete construction projects on time. You will ensure that materials and equipment are delivered on time and in sufficient quantities to every construction site or job.
A construction expeditor should be a well-organized, multitasking individual. You should be able to communicate effectively and solve problems. Knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles, as well as project management experience, will be extremely beneficial.
The goal is to help construction projects be completed on time and on budget.
Construction Expediter Responsibilities
- Determine supply requirements using technical specifications and timetables.
- Manage material and equipment orders to meet project deadlines.
- Coordination of supply delivery in accordance with priorities and specifications
- Resolve issues to expedite order delivery.
- Check orders for quality and quantity when they arrive.
- Inventory supplies for various jobs or sites should be kept track of.
- Place orders as needed, with the goal of achieving timely delivery and a competitive price.
- Arrange for the transportation of materials between locations.
- Maintain positive supplier and vendor relationships.
- Maintain thorough documentation.
Construction Expediter Requirements
- Proven experience as a construction expeditor or in a related position
- Expertise in project management
- Ability to understand material and equipment technical specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and filing systems
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Problem-solving skills are required
- A high school education is preferred.