Receiving Clerk Job Description:
We are looking for a responsible Receiving Clerk to receive, inspect and record shipments with raw material or products. You will be responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders.
A receiving clerk must have a great eye for detail and basic math skills. They must also have adequate physical strength to unload shippings as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers.
The goal is to ensure we receive the correct packages and stock them appropriately.
Receiving Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Properly accounting for the location of incoming goods
- Assuring no damaged items are sent or received
- Comparing packing lists to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Collaborating with the marketing department to develop a schedule for assembling and displaying manufacturer marketing pieces on the sales floor
- Updating the product inventory as products are received and added to the inventory
- Packaging products for return to vendors and filling out any paperwork necessary
Receiving Clerk Job Requirements:
- Previous working experience as Receiving Clerk for (x) years
- Certification for operating forklift will be considered as an advantage
- Hand on experience with entry data software
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety standards, rules and regulations
- Math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Great communication, presentation and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent physical stamina