Staff Accountant Job Description
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to manage general accounting and financial processes of our company.
To be successful as staff accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding staff accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements
- Similar experience as a Staff Accountant or relevant role in accounting
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets
- Knowledge of an accounting information system is a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Degree in Accounting; MSc is a plus