What is an Apprenticeship?
It is an occupation with training. Being an understudy implies that you have a vocation that incorporates increasing perceived capabilities and fundamental abilities while you are working and acquiring compensation.
There are three sorts of Apprenticeships:
- Foundation Apprenticeship
- Higher Apprenticeship
There are three different types because different jobs need different levels of qualifications, some higher than others. When you look at the vacancies you will see the different levels and what they include.
How long do they last?
- They normally last between two and three years. This can depend on the type of apprenticeship and the level of qualification you are working towards.
What would I learn?
- This depends on the job you are training for. There are 150 different apprenticeship routes available. Every apprentice follows a program of study that is approved. That means that you will gain a recognized qualification.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have the qualifications, skills, and experience which match exactly what your employer wants. It also makes you far more employable when you want or needs to move on.
Where would I train?
This will depend on what you are doing. Your employer will decide how they want you to be trained to do their work. These are some of the ways apprentices are trained:
- On the job
- At college which could be full-time or part-time
- At a training centre which you could attend once a week or in blocks of a few days or weeks
What is sure is that you will have preparing yet how, how frequently, when and where will be up to your new business. You will be given data on this when you experience the application or you ought to request subtleties at your meeting.
What could I do?
There are more than 150 distinct employments. In the past apprenticeships were by and large in exchanges like development and building yet now they are in a work. Examine the opening there are heaps of choices and openings. You can take a gander at all opening or channel them by sort of work or zone that you live.
How do I apply?
There are two different ways:
- Through the Apprenticeship Matching Service. You will be guided to add to the data you have just given when you enrolled on the site. When cheerful you will have the option to present your application. The business will send you messages telling you what will occur straightaway.
- Through the employers’ own system
A few businesses need to utilize their own enrollment procedure. If so you will be connected to their directions. This might be an online application or they may send you out a paper application structure.