Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk who will be in charge of processing all invoices received for payment and paying all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
Accounts Payable Clerk Responsibilities
- Outgoing payments should be processed in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform daily financial transactions, such as verifying, categorising, and recording accounts payable data.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are properly accounted for.
- Consolidate vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements to verify and investigate any discrepancies.
- Send bill reminders and contact clients to facilitate payment of past-due invoices.
- Create reports that detail the status of accounts payables.
- Recognize expense accounts and cost centres
- Understands the complexities of compliance in the accounts payable process (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
Accounts Payable Clerk Requirements
- Demonstrated work experience as an Accounts Payable Clerk
- Basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles are well-understood.
- Accounting figures and financial records must be calculated, posted, and managed with proven accuracy.
- English and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration