Auto Mechanic Job Description
We're seeking an experienced auto mechanic to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be in charge of troubleshooting and resolving issues with the goal of maximising reliability and functionality.
Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity are required of an excellent auto mechanic. They have excellent problem-solving abilities and are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronical vehicle systems. They must also be good communicators in order to offer customers advice.
Auto Mechanic Responsibilities
- In order to accurately diagnose problems, inspect the vehicle's engine and mechanical/electrical components.
- Inspect the computer and electronic systems of the vehicle in order to repair, maintain, and upgrade them.
- Perform routine maintenance (replacing fluids, lubricating parts, and so on) with the goal of increasing vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Schedule future maintenance appointments and advise drivers on safe vehicle operation.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts, as well as troubleshoot problems (e.g. leaks)
- Provide precise estimates (cost, time, and effort) for a repair or maintenance project.
- Maintain work and issue logs.
- Keep your tools and equipment in good working order.
Auto Mechanic Requirements
- Demonstrated auto mechanic experience
- Excellent understanding of vehicle mechanical, electrical, and electronic components
- A working understanding of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods is required.
- Capability and skills to use a variety of tools (e.g., pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to follow all safety precautions to avoid accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, and other potential hazards.
- Physically in excellent condition
- It is preferable to have a high school diploma. It is preferable to have a vocational school diploma or have completed an apprenticeship.
- Valid certification (for example, ASE) is a big plus.