Construction Manager Job Description
We're looking for a dependable Construction Manager to plan and oversee construction projects in a proactive and cost-effective manner. You will be in charge of project budgeting, organisation, implementation, and scheduling.
Construction Manager Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct construction projects from start to finish.
- Thoroughly review the project to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to ensure that all building and safety regulations are followed.
- Work with construction workers and subcontractors to coordinate and direct their efforts.
- Choose tools, materials, and equipment, and keep track of inventory.
- Observe contractual performance conditions
- On a daily basis, evaluate the work progress.
- Prepare job status reports for internal and external audiences.
- Plan ahead of time to avoid problems and to deal with any that arise.
- Negotiate agreement terms, draught contracts, and obtain permits and licences
- Analyze, manage, and reduce risks
- Ensure that quality construction standards are met and that proper construction techniques are used.
Construction Manager Requirements
- Demonstrated work experience in construction management
- Advanced understanding of the processes, tools, and methods used in construction management
- Expertise in building products, construction details, and applicable rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Comprehension of all aspects of the construction process
- Knowledge of construction management software packages
- The ability to plan ahead of time and see the "big picture”
- Capable of managing conflicts and crises
- Leadership and human resource management abilities are required
- Excellent time and project management abilities.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or a related field is required.