Credit Manager Job Description
We're searching for a Credit Manager to handle our lending process, which includes everything from assessing clients' creditworthiness to accepting or rejecting loan requests.
The duties of a credit manager include developing credit scoring models, negotiating loan terms, and calculating interest rates. You should have a degree in accounting or finance, as well as expertise processing loan applications, to be successful in this position. Previous banking experience is a plus.
Finally, you will assist us in reducing bad debts and increasing loan revenue.
Credit Manager Responsibilities
- Investigate and assess the creditworthiness of our clients.
- To predict hazards, create credit scoring models.
- Approve or deny loan requests based on the borrower's credibility and the possibility for profit and loss.
- Interest rates should be calculated and established.
- Negotiate terms of loan agreements with clients.
- Pay attention to payments.
- Keep track of all loan applications.
- To manage debt settlements and loan renewals, follow up with clients.
- Ensure that all lending procedures are compliant with the law.
- Create, review, and revise our company's credit policies.
Credit Manager Requirements
- Proven job experience as a Credit Manager, Credit Analyst, or a related role
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- a thorough understanding of the loan process
- Excellent analytical abilities, including the ability to develop and manipulate financial spreadsheets (e.g., in Excel)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, banking, or finance, or a related discipline