Fashion Editor Job Description:
We are looking for a talented fashion editor to supervise the process of creating, developing and presenting content for fashion magazines, photoshoots, websites and newspapers.
The successful candidate should be passionate about the latest fashion trends and be able to bring their creative ideas to life.
As a fashion editor, you will work closely with the editor-in-chief, advertising reps, photographers and models to achieve the highest quality of artwork and ensure readers are given the most up-to-date fashion information.
Fashion Editor Job Responsibility:
- Create storylines ad produce innovative story ideas
- Coordinate and communicate with photographers, models, makeup artists and costume designers
- Choose photo-shot locations
- Supervise and manage the magazine layout sketch
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of journalists, fashion experts, writers and other team members
- Keep abreast of latest fashion trends
- Research competitors and best practices
- Build relationships with designers and industry professionals
- Regularly visit retail shops
- Suggest new fashion products and ideas
- Present company and engage in networking activities via on social media
- Manage expenditures and keep budget in check
- Coordinate and supervise different projects
Fashion Editor Job Requirements:
- A degree in fashion, journalism, or related field.
- At least five year’s experience as a fashion editor or senior fashion reporter.
- An extensive portfolio of fashion-related work.
- Excellent visualization skills to be able to bring ideas to reality.
- Extended experience in copywriting, editing, and proofreading.
- Above-average experience with software such as InDesign and Photoshop.
- Good time-management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.