General Counsel Job Description:
We are looking for an excellent General Counsel to add value to and be the “backbone” of our business. You will ensure that company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitate business strategies development. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
General Counsel Job Responsibilities:
- Advising executive members on new laws, existing laws and legal rights that would impact functionality of the business
- Overseeing the legal matters of the business as a whole, including acting as the business’ legal representative
- Maintaining knowledge of the company’s legal documents and operations
- Crafting and reviewing legal strategy in response to any litigation
- Keeping a record of all legal documents and proceedings for the company
- Facilitating filings of licensing forms and other statutory requirements
- Communicating with outside counsel
- Legally filing for copyright of intellectual property
General Counsel Job Requirements:
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- 4+ years of practice with an established law firm.
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.