Guidance Counselor Job Description
We are looking for a qualified Guidance Counselor to provide support and education to elementary, middle, and/or high school students through a well-planned counselling programme. You will act as a facilitator in the achievement of students' academic or career goals, as well as in the development of their social and mental capacity. The goal is for the students to grow into mature, well-functioning adults.
Guidance Counselor Responsibilities
- Create and implement an all-encompassing educational and counselling plan using cutting-edge teaching and mentoring techniques.
- Encourage students' association and promote equal opportunity practises.When dealing with students, keep cultural or societal differences in mind.
- Conduct group or individual counselling sessions to assist students who are experiencing difficulties or have concerns.
- Assess students' attributes (KSAOs) and assist them in recognising their own strengths.
- Evaluate students' progress and reinforce their sense of accomplishment.
- Recognize behavioural issues or at-risk students and take appropriate action.
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, and other interested parties.
- Completing assessments and tests, analysing results, and providing feedback are all part of the job.
- Examine and update student records
- Prepare and present progress reports
Guidance Counselor Requirements
- Experience as a Guidance Counselor or Teacher is required.
- Professionalism and integrity
- The ability to work with a diverse range of student personalities and backgrounds.
- Education in various teaching models, best counselling practises, and regulations
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Computer literacy is required.
- A master's degree in education or guidance counselling is required, as are credentials in guidance counselling.