Litigation Paralegal Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal to serve as the foundation of our trial team. You will be in charge of coordinating all details prior to, during, and after the trial. The successful candidate will be able to assist during all stages of the litigation process, including conducting interviews, conducting legal research, filing documents, and attending trials.
Litigation Paralegal Responsibilities
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research, and preliminary case evaluations.
- Prepare and file pleadings, motions, and appellate documents with the court.carry out administrative tasks (calendar hearings and deadlines, organise case files, manage logistics etc)
- Keep pleadings and discovery indexes up to date.
- Exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices should all be organised.
- Assist attorneys with interrogatories and other forms of discovery.
- Collect pertinent information from a variety of sources.
- Coordinate with trial teams and internal/external third parties.
- Assist in voir dire, jury selection, and witness preparation.
- Assist in the resolution of cases
Litigation Paralegal Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Litigation Paralegal
- Knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practises, and so on is useful.
- Highly organised, with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database knowledge
- a paralegal associate's degree or other relevant certification