Maintenance Worker Job Description:
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
Maintenance Worker Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the workplace is clean by dusting, vacuuming and mopping every day.
- Perform maintenance tasks like fixing broken furniture, changing the light bulb and inspecting faulty appliances or equipment
- Ensure the plants are watered and trimmed
- Regularly wash the windows and clean glass surfaces with care.
- Responding to complaints and resolving the issues of the employees.
- Ensure all the electrical appliances are functioning properly.
- Performing regular checks on the safety systems like fire alarms, smoke detectors, fuse box and so on.
- Installation of new equipment or appliances needed.
- Inspect problem areas and ensure the necessary steps are taken to solve them.
- Regularly check and maintain the ventilators and thermostat.
- Keep the supplies stocked and maintain an inventory and database.
- Coordinate with other workers and perform tasks.
- Update the authorities with weekly and monthly reports.
Maintenance Worker Job Requirements:
- Proven maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.