Petroleum Engineer Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced petroleum engineer to monitor oil and gas extraction and ensure all operations run smoothly. You’ll design and schedule drilling activities both offshore and onshore. You’ll analyze geological data and present results to customers. Your petroleum engineering duties will also include researching new methods of extracting oil and gas and discovering new reservoirs.
To complete these tasks successfully, it’s important to have experience with computer-aided software and great mathematical skills. You should also be able to work effectively as part of a team, as you’ll collaborate with other engineers and scientists.
If you’re analytical, detail-oriented and available to travel to different locations on a regular basis, we’d like to meet you.
Petroleum Engineer Job Requirements:
- Design drilling equipment used in the process of extracting oil and gas from both onshore and offshore reserves
- Make recommendations based on cost, effort and feasibility
- Devise plans and methods to effectively drill fields to recover oil and gas
- Develop and modify tools and designs based on performance observation
- Ensure equipment is installed, operated and maintained properly for effective use
- Work closely with the procurement team to procure the necessary equipment and tools for projects
- Work together with geoscientists and other specialists to analyze the geologic formation containing the oil and gas reservoir
- Monitor drilling operations as needed
Petroleum Engineer Job Responsibility:
- A bachelor's degree in petroleum, civil, mechanical, chemical, or related Engineering field.
- An in-depth, creative knowledge of extraction techniques and principles.
- Good IT, research, and survey skills.
- Strong technical, analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamworking skills.
- The willingness and ability to be held accountable for multi-million dollar operations.
- The willingness and ability to work in remote locations, with harsh climates and often unfriendly locals.
- The ability to handle a physically demanding and stressful work environment.