Public Relations (PR) Director Job Description:
We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Director to design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness.
If you’re interested in leading our PR team to write effective press releases, build online communities and coordinate events, we would like to meet you. You will use your creative ideas to drive PR initiatives that’ll bring long-term success. Also, you’ll coordinate with internal teams (e.g. Marketing and Communications) to maximize brand consistency in all advertising efforts.
Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence.
Public Relations (PR) Director Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a public relations strategy, complete with goals and budget
- Craft and pitch brand stories, across a range of platforms, to promote company presence and improve engagement
- Create, edit and update promotional material such as brochures, flyers etc.
- Develop talking points for management and employees, as required
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide array of media personnel
- Seek opportunities for sponsorship and advertising
- Prepare a periodic report with recommendations and trends for management
Public Relations (PR) Director Job Requirements:
- Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or relevant field.
- Past experience supervising and managing a public relations team.
- Portfolio of successful campaigns you have overseen.
- Expert knowledge of social media, online marketing, and internet culture.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Established connections with media outlets and influential accounts.
- In-depth understanding of web and marketing analytics.
- Ability to conduct market research and present reports.