Structural Engineer Job Description:
We are looking for a structural engineer to oversee our construction projects. You’ll ensure that structures are safe and strong. As a structural engineer, you’ll spend time both in our office – designing and planning project details – and on-site where you’ll provide technical advice to construction workers.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience using several construction methods and materials and advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. Project management and analytical skills are also very important.
Structural Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Mentor Civil Engineers and facilitate a holistic understanding as to the scope and plan for projects
- Work closely with building department within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and develop steps for their proper execution
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Establish a framework for necessary contributions from various departments and facilitate their collaboration
Structural Engineer Job Requirements:
- Degree in civil or structural engineering (essential).
- 6 years of work experience as a structural engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered with the Institute of structural engineers.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.