Ever wondered what a typical day looked like in the life of an HR manager? The thought may or may not have crossed your mind, but rest assured, every HR professional's work day comes with its frustrations and its triumphs.
Here are 30 hilarious GIFs that perfectly capture the essence of the life of an HR professional.
GIFs that perfectly describe the life of an HR manager
1. When you have 200 job applications to review.
2. When you try to find the balance between the candidate’s profile and the job requirements.
3. When you schedule 9 am interviews on a Monday
4. When a candidate presents pertinent skills in their resume such as “ultimate pie-frisbee champion,” and “sleeping with their eyes open.”
5. When the candidate actually shows up after accepting the job offer
6. When you’re onboarding the new hire
7. When you’ve finally perfected your HR strategy for next year but your CEO decides on a shift in perspective.
8. When you try to get managers to use a new tool.
9. When you try to balance the expectations of management and the needs of employees
10. Requesting your manager to approve the HR budget
11. When you prep all week for an employee training session.
12. And they utilize it as a chance to go for their “important meeting.”
13. When you decide to implement a training & development program
14. How you feel after 5 months on the job
15. When you give advice to someone considering a career in HR.
16. When you have to develop a strategy to improve employee retention.
17. And the boss suggests to “Pay them more money and leave it at that.”
18. When an employee hasn’t dropped in with a query for the past five minutes.
19. When you attend an HR conference and finally meet your tribe.
20. When you try to convince senior management about involving HR in the business planning process.
21. And when senior management attempts to take on the role of HR.
22. When you have to manage hiring demands, administrative work, employee engagement & performance, management demands, and keep up with HR compliance.
23. And your boss says you don’t really need an HCM system when you’re already so efficient.
24. When you're asked to use Microsoft Excel to manage employee data
25. And when you finally get your hands on Big Data and HR automation.
26. When someone asks you, “What Does HR Actually Do?”
27. When you try to get THAT employee more involved in office celebrations.
28. When the company holiday party starts to get out of hand.
29. Trying to keep up with the changes in HR Compliance.