Account Supervisor Job Description
We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor to oversee our accounting department’s daily operations.
To be successful as an accounting supervisor, you should be able to process large amounts of numerical data and have strong leadership skills. Ultimately, an exceptional Accounting Supervisor should have sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Account Supervisor Responsibilities
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Participate in regular tax audits and payroll
- Prepare budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Monitor the daily performance of the accounting department
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
- Ensure compliance with the law
Account Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) accreditation.
- Proven experience working as an Accounting Supervisor.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- The ability to process large amounts of numerical data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.