Assistant Controller Job Description:
We are looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to a financial controller.
Assistant Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements and reports.
- Assisting with the development and evaluation of budgets and preparing budget reports.
- Supporting the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, identifying discrepancies, and reconciling accounts.
- Supporting the accounting department with all aspects of the general ledger.
- Ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Preparing and managing accounts using various software programs.
- Preparing and assisting with audits.
- Following changes in regulations and compiling reports regarding compliance issues, standards, and accounting practices.
Assistant Controller Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in an environment that involves multiple projects
- Excellent 10-key (Numpad) speed and accuracy
- HR industry experience preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal correspondence
- Commitment to detailed financial accounting and reporting