Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description:
We are looking for a Restaurant Assistant Manager to ensure all daily activities run smoothly and efficiently.
Restaurant Assistant Manager responsibilities include ordering kitchen utensils and equipment based on our needs, managing contracts and payroll and supervising restaurant staff performance. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with restaurant operations and have a good understanding of what makes a great customer service. You should also be available to work within opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help minimize operating costs, boost our employee retention and deliver a positive dining experience for our guests.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the restaurant.
- Appointing, inducting, and mentoring new staff members.
- Scheduling shifts and assigning tables to waitstaff.
- Resolving customers' questions and grievances in a professional manner.
- Conducting payroll activities in an accurate, timely manner.
- Ensuring that the restaurant adheres to pertinent health and safety regulations.
- Purchasing new ingredients, kitchen utensils, and equipment as stock is damaged or depleted.
- Sourcing better deals on all resources and equipment that warrant replacing or replenishing.
- Recording all income and expenses and ensuring that cash registers are balanced.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Requirements:
- 2+ years retail experience in a leadership capacity (e.g. management, shift leader, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with fashion trends and styles
- Ability to effectively train and motivate sales associates
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- Willingness to show leadership and guidance from the floor