Barista Job Description
We're looking for a friendly, personable barista who is enthusiastic about food and beverage preparation and instruction. Customers will be greeted, inquiries will be answered, orders will be taken and money will be accepted, and food and drinks will be prepared and served. You'll also keep your office and dining area clean and well-stocked, update displays, and continue to learn about food and beverage quality controls, preparation procedures, and presentation.
Barista Job Responsibilities
- Greet customers as they enter
- Provide drink menus to consumers and answer their queries about ingredients.
- Take orders while paying close attention to the small print (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Prepare beverages according to the recipes.
- Serve beverages and ready-to-eat items such as cookies, pastries, and muffins.
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area.
- Keep a supply of clean mugs and plates on hand.
- Check to see sure the brewing equipment is working properly and report any maintenance requirements.
- Observe all applicable health and safety laws.
- Inform managers about client comments
- Suggest new additions to the menus
Barista Job Requirements
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Preferably prior experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service.
- A desire to learn more about food and beverage preparation
- Exceptional listening and communication abilities
- The ability to walk, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
- Work availability during peak hours, such as nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent at customer satisfaction and service
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced workplace as part of a high-energy, efficient team.
- A person with a friendly and pleasant demeanour.