Business Systems Analyst Job Description
For this position, you will examine existing and new systems for improvement, report common issues, evaluate company performance, and recommend new system procedures.
To excel in this position, you should be an experienced professional with in-depth knowledge of business processes and business system analysis techniques. The ideal candidate will also be dedicated and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Business Systems Analyst Responsibilities:
- Develop methodology documents based on self-initiated interviews, diagrams, surveys and workflow analysis
- Research and analyze all aspects of existing business practices and procedures
- Communicate with heads of all departments about common frustrations, hindrances and other issues that interrupt their workflow
- Create detailed plans for execution and implementation of new processes, including budgetary guidelines and key personnel
- Nominate and work with a project manager to develop new project plans and see them through to completion
- Oversee the life cycle of changes to business systems and prepare detailed reports for executive management
Business Systems Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a business systems analyst.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.