Catering Manager Job Description
We're looking for a dynamic and well-organized catering manager To oversee our event catering services. You will conclude sales contracts and verify that catering order forms reflect customer requirements as a catering manager. Menu planning, venue and equipment organisation, and catering staff hiring will all be part of your responsibilities. You should have substantial experience in event catering and offering cost-effective services to be a successful catering manager. Catering managers that are at the top of their game develop strong customer relationships and go above and beyond.
Catering Manager Job Responsibilities
- Identifying consumer needs and recommending catering solutions.
- Negotiating pricing and meticulously compiling catering order papers.
- Menu planning and management, as well as venue, equipment, food, and service setup.
- Recruiting, training, and overseeing catering workers, as well as scheduling shifts for employees.
- Collaborating with customers, sales staff, chefs, and specialised catering equipment vendors.
- Supervising seating arrangements, meal and beverage service, and table clearing
- Ordering replenishments and keeping track of the availability of catering goods and supplies.
- Keeping track of catering costs and keeping proper records.
- Following the rules and regulations of the food and health industries.
- Researching catering trends, and enhancing competitive catering services
Catering Manager Job Requirements
- Previous work experience as a caterer, restaurant manager, or other related position
- Knowledge of food safety is essential
- Certification in catering management, hospitality, culinary management or similar field may be preferred
- Ability to provide services within budget.
- Excellent organisational and time-management abilities
- Ability to remain calm and make rapid decisions in challenging situations
- Thorough knowledge of best practices in catering management