Civil Engineer Job Description
We are looking for a creative Civil Engineer to design, develop, and build a wide range of projects in the physically and naturally built environment, from conception to completion. You will have a say in how the world is shaped, work in a fast-paced, dynamic industry, contribute to healthy economies, and have a long-term positive impact on society.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities
- Small-scale to large-scale construction projects must be managed, designed, developed, created, and maintained in a safe, timely, and sustainable manner.
- Investigate situations on-site and analyse the data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Conduct technical and feasibility studies, and create blueprints that meet technical specifications.
- Examine potential hazards, materials, and costs.
- Give advice and come up with creative solutions to any new problems or deficiencies that arise.
- Oversee and mentor staff, as well as communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Hand over the resulting structures and services to the people who will use them.
- Monitor progress and compile project status reports.
- Budget management and purchasing of equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations, such as permits and safety, and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as needed.
Civil Engineer Requirements
- Demonstrated civil engineering work experience
- Excellent understanding of design and visualisation software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or other similar programmes
- Expertise in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, and regulatory approvals, among other things
- Supervisory and project management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional engineer's licence
- BS/MA in Civil Engineering