Kitchen Manager Job Description:
We are looking for a Kitchen Manager to supervise daily back of house restaurant operations.
Kitchen Manager responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time.
Ultimately, you will ensure all plates are properly cooked and served and our customers have a pleasant dining experience.
Kitchen Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Order supplies, food and ingredients based on rapidly shifting demand
- Hire and train kitchen staff in specific stations, and cross-train as necessary
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure there are always enough workers to meet the demand, particularly for the lunch rush
- Maintain inventory levels and conduct full weekly inventory
- Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
- Assist the Restaurant Manager with menu changes and adjustments based on seasonal availability
- Respond personally to guest questions and complaints
Kitchen Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in restaurant management or certification from culinary school is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.