Production Assistant Job Description:
Do you want a job that allows you to work with your hands and provides daily challenges and problem-solving opportunities? We have an immediate opening for a production assistant and are looking for a smart, organized candidate to take responsibility for success. You will have the chance to learn about and help all parts of the production process, and form networking connections with department managers, customers, and vendors. We expect every member of our team to contribute hard work, creative solutions, and a positive attitude, and we offer excellent compensation for your talent and passion. Come join our team and enjoy an exciting job in a fast-paced environment while building your resume and working toward the next step in your career.
Production Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Help prepare the set with lights, props, equipment etc.
- Assist costume designers, directors, camera people and other crew members
- Print and distribute daily paperwork (e.g. scripts, call sheets)
- Escort actors around the filming area and coordinate extras
- Conduct crowd control by putting up signs, directing pedestrians away from filming, lock down sets etc.
- Act as a runner distributing messages or items within film crew and cast
- Perform administrative work (answering phones, paperwork etc.)
- Undertake errands as assigned
Production Assistant Job Requirements:
- Experience working as a production assistant is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the industry
- Familiar with general clerical and administrative tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong passion for the industry
- Self-driven and motivated
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to stand, walk and move around for long hours at a time