Reporter Job Description
We are looking for a passionate Reporter to participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and unbiased “scoops”.
To ensure success as a reporter, you should be knowledgeable about current events, proficient at research, embody ethical principles, and maintain professionalism at all times. A top-notch reporter will have extensive field experience, providing deep, thorough analyses in all news events covered.
Reporter Job Responsibilities:
- Identifying newsworthy events and developments in their region of operation.
- Conducting research and writing scripts on topics prior to broadcasts.
- Attending and reporting on events that are of interest to the public.
- Delivering scripted, spontaneous, live, and prerecorded reports on newsworthy events.
- Interviewing eye-witnesses, authorities, and people of interest in news stories.
- Transcribing and summarizing events for further news purposes.
- Traveling to events and ensuring the proper maintenance, security, and care of recording equipment.
- Working collaboratively with cameramen and other members of a reporting team.
- Representing the organization at conferences, press briefings, events, and interviews.
- Ensuring a professional appearance, language use, and manner throughout reports.
Reporter Job Requirements
- Proven working experience as a Reporter
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication, lobbying and active listening skills
- BS degree in journalism or mass communications