Risk Manager Job Description:
We are looking for a Risk Manager to advise us on various types of risks (business, financial, legal and security.) You will identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems.
In this role, you should be highly perceptive and methodical. You should also have the ability to communicate effectively and present your plans in a convincing way. If you have experience in risk assessment and financial analysis, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our company secures its reputation and profitability by controlling risk.
Risk Manager Job Requirements:
- Identify financial, safety or security risks that the client company or organization may face
- Prepare action plans to decrease risk factors
- Gather confidential financial information from client such as income, assets and debts
- Manage company insurance policies
- Perform risk evaluation, which assesses the way the company previously handled risks
- Make risk-avoiding adjustments to current methods of operation in order to minimize their future risks
- Prepare a risk-management budget
- Provide training and certification for organization staff so that they can be aware of risks and try to avoid them
Risk Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification may be beneficial
- Thorough understanding of the business or organization's goals and values
- Computer, data entry and MS Office skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to handle private, sensitive, confidential information appropriately
- You pay strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong working knowledge of risk management and previous experience working with risk (i.e. risk assistant or risk analyst)
- Solid research skills using the internet and first-person interviews
- Experience working with insurance policies