Sales Advisor Job Description
We are looking for a motivated Sales Advisor to provide customers with advice and assistance in order to increase the likelihood of a sale. You will be in charge of a variety of duties related to creating an appealing environment for customers.
An excellent sales advisor must be energetic, outgoing, and have strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be able to gain in-depth knowledge of the company's products and enthusiastically pass that knowledge on to customers.
The goal is to facilitate sales in any way possible in order to drive long-term growth.
Sales Advisor Responsibilities
- Arrange merchandise on shelves based on popularity and other factors.
- Approach customers and offer product advice to persuade them to buy.
- Locate products on the customer's behalf.
- Handle complaints patiently and helpfully.
- Take and record orders in person, over the phone, or via e-mail using a computer system.
- Customer information in databases should be updated.
- Go the "extra mile" to meet deadlines.
- Keep an eye on shelf inventory and unload new products as needed.
- Cash registers must be operated and daily revenues must be closed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly store environment.
Sales Advisor Requirements
- Proven experience as a sales advisor or in another customer service/sales role
- Knowledge of cash registers
- Tech savvy, with working knowledge of computer systems and databases
- Capable of balancing a customer-focused and a results-driven approach
- Complaints must be handled with patience and comfort.
- Professionalism and a friendly demeanour
- Outstanding organisational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent physical stamina
- A high school diploma or an equivalent