Sales Associate Job Description:
We are looking for a result-driven retail Sales Associate to be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales.
Sales Associate duties and responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about your products and recommend the right solutions. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales Associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Ultimately, the duties of a Sales Associate are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
Sales Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
Sales Associate Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-2 years of sales experience or customer service experience
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong orientation towards providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance