What is Temp to hire?
Temp to hire is a working arrangement where a company hires an employee for a set period of time on a temporary basis, and once that time is over, the company has the option to offer the employee a permanent role. A permanent role could be offered to temporary hires based on their performance and fit in the workplace culture. The temp to hire contract period may vary, but they usually last from three to six months.
What are the benefits of temp to hire?
Some of the benefits of a temp to hire position includes:
1. A faster process : Many companies use the temp to hire contract structure to fill positions quickly. This results in a faster hiring process.
2. Trial before committal : A temp to hire role is a great hang for employees to try working with a company without committing to a permanent role. Temporary hires may use this time to experience and decide whether their job makes them fee like a good fit to their culture.
3. Exposure in the workplace : For temporary hires, this may serve as an opportunity for them to identify the kind of work they would be interested in.
4. Networking : A temporary hire position allows them to meet people at various stages of their careers.
What are the tips to move from temp to hire?
Here are some tips for those who first time temporary hires who would like to take the step form a temp to hire position:
1. Act as if they were in a full-time position all along.
2. Learn about the company
3. Pick up skills continuously
4. Be proactive in projects and tasks