Baker Job Description
We're looking for talented, innovative bakers that are committed to providing exceptional baked goods and service in a timely and professional manner. The baker will create, execute, and develop recipes, do quality checks on ingredients and finished items, enhance item presentation with icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations, and process customer orders.
Baker Job Responsibilities
- Preparing, baking, and producing pastries, breads, rolls, and desserts.
- Using scales. graded containers, measures, weighs flour or other materials to make batters, doughs, fillings, or whipped cream.
- Decorating baked items such as cream pies using a pastry bag,
- Adjusting the timing and speed settings for mixing or blending equipment so that the components are mixed or cooked according to the recipe.
- Preparing custom-made pastries based on the preferences of consumers (e.g. birthday cakes)
- Preparing garnishes for baked items.
- Recommending recipes to refresh our menu and bring in new customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Keep track of food supply and place orders as required.
- Utilising adequate quantities and rotating products to keep spoilage/waste to a minimum.
- Cleaning, dismantling, and storing all baking equipment, including: ovens, mixers, proofer, floors, freezer, and refrigerators.
- Ensuring an appropriate supply of all prepared products as well as proper storage and refrigeration.
Baker Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferably an associate's degree in hotel or institutional food preparation.)
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to operate basic foodservice equipment safely and effectively.
- Baking experience of at least two (2) years is required.
- Self-motivated and adaptable with a high level of energy for multi-tasking
- Close attention to the details, especially when inspecting materials and products for quality.
- Current food handler's card (if any), as well as any other certifications necessary by federal, state, and municipal law
- Willingness to solve problems, manage schedules, execute orders, and create delicious baked items on your own or with other team members.