Busser Job Description
We’re looking for a Busser to assist our wait staff and set up our dining spaces. As a busser, you will be in charge of cleaning, clearing, and setting tables, as well as ensuring that the restaurant's supplies and equipment are clean and in good working order, and supporting guests with requests or complaints. A proficient busser should have excellent hand-eye coordination, be extremely efficient, and provide excellent customer service.
Busser Job Responsibilities
- Greeting customers, showing them their way to their tables, and handling them menus.
- Assisting consumers with their questions and requests, as well as redirecting them as needed.
- Ensuring that tables are emptied, cleaned, and reset between the seatings.
- Serving meals and refilling beverages as needed.
- Assisting with dishwashing and silverware processing.
- Making sure the menus, plates, and cutlery are cleaned and refilled.
- Keeping track of napkins, straws, salt, pepper, and other table supplies and condiments.
- Notifying the manager of any damages, shortages, or concerns.
- Accommodating customers by moving tables, chairs, and furnishings as needed.
- Cleaning up the restaurant after service and make sure it's ready for the next one.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels of glassware, silverware, and dishware
- Refill salt, pepper, and other condiments at tables
- Keep designated service stations clean and well stocked
Busser Job Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- A food handler certification card will be preferred
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Physically capable of moving furniture and standing for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work lengthy shifts, as well as on weekends and holidays.