Call Center Manager Job Description
We are looking for a skilled Call center manager to supervise daily operations and personnel aiming for maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness. You will also ensure that technology is utilized to a maximum and that staff are well-organized and productive.
To be a successful call center manager, you should be focused on improving your team of representatives and call center practices. You should be observant and detail-oriented and possess an understanding of the business, the products and services, and the issues representatives are facing on the floor.
Call Center Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, coaching, and leading call center representatives as they provide support for customers.
- Answering representative’s questions, guiding them through difficult calls or issues, diffusing angry customers, or handling issues that cannot be fielded by representatives
- Leading team meetings, asking questions to better understand the calls representatives are receiving, educating, and coach workers regarding processes and practices, and explain expectations to employees.
- Assisting other management team members in identifying trends and establishing call center goals.
- Ensuring staff members are achieving desired service levels and taking corrective action, as needed.
- Preparing reports and analyzing call center data to improve processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Authorizing replacements or refunds.
- Taking on other tasks or projects to support employees, other managers, and call center operations.
Call Center Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position
- Experience in customer service is required
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Experience in basic financial analysis (cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- High school diploma or equivalent; Higher degree in a relevant discipline will be appreciated
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification is a plus