Debt Collector Job Description
We are looking for a reliable Debt collector to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible. You will be responsible for contacting debtors and negotiate payments. You will be the main person responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
Debt Collector Responsibilities:
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issue
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
Debt Collector Requirements:
- Receipt of a formally-recognized finance qualification is ideal.
- Demonstrable history of gainful debt collection experience.
- Proficient in prevailing Accounting programs.
- Familiar with debt-related legal provisions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fine-tuned telephone etiquette.
- Discerning, attentive, and thorough.