Document Controller Job Description
We are looking for a Document Controller to prepare, manage and file documents for our projects.
Document Controller responsibilities include typing contracts, archiving files and ensuring all team members have access to necessary documentation. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience reviewing technical documents along with the ability to spot errors.
Document Controller Responsibilities:
- Handling intake, scanning, verification, and storing documents.
- Filing and archiving relevant documentation.
- Retrieving files for other employees and customers when needed.
- Designing templates for documents, file types, and document databases.
- Checking and editing documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Controlling the flow of documents in and out of the department.
- Reporting errors or developments regarding document storage.
- Ensuring the secure destruction and disposal of sensitive documents.
- Updating and maintaining document management systems and physical records.
- Maintaining the security of confidential documents.
- Assisting employees with accessing documents through our document management system.
Document Controller Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Document Controller or similar role
- Familiarity with project management
- Basic knowledge of labor and corporate law
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and MS Excel
- Knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- Proficient typing and editing skills
- BSc degree in Project Management or relevant field