External Auditor Job Description:
We are looking for an external auditor to examine the financial statements of the organization and provide feedback. The responsibilities of external auditors include planning effective auditing processes, performing audits, and reporting back on findings.
To be successful as an external auditor, you should have excellent knowledge of auditing principles, be analytical, and have good communication skills. Ultimately, an external auditor should be able to make informed and rational decisions, be objective, and be detail orientated.
External Auditor Job Responsibility:
- visit client sites and talk to different levels of management to understand the business and their needs
- plan, carry out and in some cases design bespoke audit procedures and tests
- attend meetings and interview staff to gather audit evidence
- examine accounts, financial records and other documentation
- observe stock takes and/or other business procedures
- use analytics to assess financial reporting, fraud or operational business risks
- prepare or contribute to a final audit report, including making recommendations for improvements to systems or processes
- discuss the conclusion and recommendations from the audit with clients
- work towards your chartered accountancy qualification, which could include periods of study leave.
External Auditor Job Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field
- Prior external auditor experience
- Experience in financial reporting and data analysis
- Experience in using accounting software
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to make sound decisions and use sound judgment