Fabricator Job Description:
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good attention to detail for the position of fabricator. Fabricators are responsible for adhering to a production schedule, ensuring that all parts are properly fitted, aligned and secured and ensuring that safety standards are always met, among other duties.
Moreover, fabricators will be physically able workers who have good dexterity, color vision and stamina.
Fabricator Job Responsibility:
- Reading and understanding product schematics and assembly instructions.
- Taking part in product development meetings.
- Verifying dimensions and product specifications.
- Ensuring that all the required parts for assembly are present.
- Marking cutting lines on material.
- Ensuring that all parts are properly fitted, aligned and screwed in.
- Ensuring that quality control standards are met.
- Maintaining a production schedule.
- Testing products for their functionality.
- Troubleshooting and stress testing products to minimize problems or recalls.
- Reporting and detailing product malfunctions.
- Adhering to assembly safety standards.
Fabricator Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent
- At least two years of experience in fabrication
- Ability to comprehend blueprints and work specifications
- Physical ability to lift at least 75 pounds or more
- Welding certificate completion
- Understanding of construction tasks and industrial processes
- Excellent colour vision and hand dexterity