Managing Editor Job Description
We are looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee our company’s daily publishing operations. You will be reporting only to the editor in chief and supervise writers, editors and other staff. A managing editor combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
Managing Editor Job Responsibilities
- Managing the content staff of writers and designers.
- Keeping up with changes in Google's search engine optimization algorithms.
- Using Google Analytics and other technologies to determine which material is most effective.
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to coincide with the company's strategic goals.
- Conducting audience research to determine the most effective way to reach your target audience.
- Choosing which social media channels to concentrate on.
- Increasing the size of your online audience
- Editing copywriting, and ensuring that all work satisfies publishing standards.
- Hiring and supervising copywriters and graphic designers
- Ascertain that every published content adheres to the company's style guide.
- Planning and organizing daily operations
Managing Editor Job Requirements
- Experience as a managing editor or in a similar function is required.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Working understanding of web platforms such as WordPress and SEO ideas Proficiency in English
- Capabilities in managing and planning people and operations
- Strong organisational and leadership abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Efficacy and dependability
- BSc/BA in media or a related subject