Merchandiser Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to generate sales through point-of-purchase and shelf management services. You will receive the correct product at the correct time, place, quantity, and price.
- Plan and create merchandising strategies that balance customer expectations and the company's goals.
- Analyze sales data, customer reactions, and market trends to forecast product demand and plan product ranges/stock.
- Negotiate prices, quantities, and timeframes with buyers, suppliers, distributors, and analysts.
- Create store layout plans and keep store shelves and inventory in good condition.
- Profit/sales forecasting and budgeting
- Monitor stock movement and take into account markdowns, promotions, price changes, and clearance sales, among other things.
- Create positive customer relationships and collaborate with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
- Keep abreast of industry best practises.
- Demonstrated merchandising experience
- Highly creative, with a track record of identifying target audiences and developing campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Up to date on the most recent merchandising trends and best practises
- Excellent listening, presentation, and decision-making abilities
- Commercial acumen and the ability to "decode" customers are required.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field is required.