Personal Banker Job Description
We're looking for a personal banker to help our clients manage their bank accounts and finances. You will be in charge of developing long-term relationships with clients and cross-selling our products and services to them.
Personal bankers must be excellent communicators with a thorough understanding of banking processes and products. Experience in sales and customer service can help you succeed in this role. The ideal candidate is fearless and ethical, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
Personal Banker Responsibilities
- Provide customers with information on bank services that are appropriate for their needs (e.g., loans and credit cards)
- Manage customer bank accounts by opening, closing, and supervising transactions.
- Resolve any problems with banking services or accounts.
- As needed, refer clients to in-house financial experts.
- Demonstrate financial products and services to current and prospective customers.
- Carry out administrative tasks (e.g., entering data into banking software)
Personal Banker Requirements
- Proven experience as a personal banker; sales or customer service experience is preferred.
- Personal banking practises and regulations must be understood.
- Familiarity with banking software; excellent use of Microsoft Office; and the ability to work diligently to meet deadlines
- Problem-solving strategy centred on the customer
- A BSc/BA in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is preferred.