Secretary Job Description:
As a Secretary you will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office.
You will assist colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information.
You will be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues and will be an integral part of the company’s workforce.
Secretary Job Responsibilities:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Manages department schedule by maintaining calendars for department personnel and arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reading secretarial publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Secretary Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Administrative Secretary would be advantageous.
- Ability to liaise internally and externally on administrative matters.
- Exceptional filing, record keeping, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Proficiency in appointment scheduling and call forwarding systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.