Staffing Specialist Job Description
We are looking for a Staffing Specialist to manage our company’s short-term and long-term recruitment needs.
Ultimately, you will ensure our company recruits and retains qualified employees, while nurturing a healthy and productive work environment.
Staffing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the entire hiring process and ensuring that every stage of recruitment runs smoothly.
- Advertise job openings across multiple channels (e.g. job boards, careers pages and social platforms)
- Scouting and recruiting prospective employees by using databases, social media platforms, and professional networks.
- Designing interview questions and screening procedures for individual positions.
- Conducting interviews with candidates and assessing their skills, experience, and aptitudes for a position.
- Evaluating current recruitment strategies and determining areas of improvement.
- Developing new hiring strategies to improve the recruitment process.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new employees.
- Creating hiring status reports for management review.
Staffing Specialist Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Staffing Specialist, Staffing Coordinator or similar role
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and resume databases
- Experience with interviewing and evaluating candidates (using phone/Skype screening, structured interviews and tests)
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to maintain updated physical and digital employee records
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field