Territory Manager Job Description
We are looking for a Territory Manager to help us increase our sales revenues and maintain customer relationships within an assigned geographical area.
In this role, we seek outstanding organizational and sales skills. We expect you to be an excellent communicator who understands customer needs. If you are also goal-driven and analytical, we’d like to meet you.
Territory Manager Responsibilities
- Devise effective territory sales and marketing strategies
- Analyze data to find the most efficient sales methods
- Meet with customers to address concerns and provide solutions
- Discover sales opportunities through consumer research
- Present products and services to prospective customers
- Participate in industry or promotional events (e.g. trade shows) to cultivate customer relationships
- Conduct training in sales techniques and company product attributes
- Assess sales performance according to KPIs
- Monitor competition within assigned region
- Prepare and submit reports to the Sales Director
Territory Manager Responsibilities:
- Traveling throughout an assigned territory to train and guide company sales representatives.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with customers by ensuring that their needs are met and resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by persuading customers within an assigned territory to purchase company products and services.
- Analyzing sales and marketing data to determine the most effective sales and marketing techniques.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to increase sales within an assigned territory.
- Conducting surveys to better understand customer needs.
- Attending trade shows to promote company products and services.
- Ensuring that brand awareness within an assigned territory meets company expectations.
- Motivating Sales Representatives to achieve sales quotas and evaluating their performance based on their ability or inability to achieve sales quotas.
- Monitoring competitors’ sales activity within an assigned territory.
Territory Manager Requirements
- Proven experience as a Territory Manager
- Proven track record of increasing sales and revenue; field sales experience is preferred
- Ability to develop sales strategies and use performance KPIs
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational and leadership ability
- BSc/BA in Business, Marketing or a related field